A comprehensive SEO strategy is the only solution to make your SEO journey fruitful, get Google rankings, and improve your return on investment (ROI). However, you need to follow all the obligations and rules and implement all the latest SEP techniques to achieve your target. It is possible only when we have an SEO checklist that helps implement all the required procedures and tools and keeps an eye on results.
In the following lines, we will describe all the key features of SEO and their benefits to give good rankings on search engines to your website. So, let us explore this checklist!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) checklist
Many SEO companies use systematic SEO workflow and incorporate all required procedures to make an SEO checklist to ensure everything has been utilized. In this way, the website owners get meaningful organic traffic, and you can convert this traffic into customers. So, whether you are a single SEO service provider or have a team, you can manage SEO quite easily.
Let us start exploring this SEO checklist!
SEO Setup and Reporting
It is the first and foremost SEO fundamental that every SEO firm needs to establish. Therefore, we consider it the first point of the SEO checklist. You need to select all the reporting tools, plugins, and all other required technologies to establish an SEO setup. These tools and techniques help an SEO firm analyze the data and prepare reports accordingly.
The following tools are required to establish for SEO:
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics Account
- Establishment of a link between Google Search Console and Google Analytics Account
- Installation and Configuration of required SEO Plugins like SEO Yoast
- XML Sitemap
- Creation of Robots.txt file
- Manual Checkup of the website to remove issues like broken pages, spammy links, hidden text, etc.
- Indexation of your website
Keyword Research Checklist
While talking about the single most important component to make your SEO campaign successful, we can easily place Keywords at the top. It is single or multiple words that searchers use to get answers from Google or other search engines.
That being said, we need to necessarily mention that your target keywords must be the reflection of your customers’ thinking. Therefore, we can say that keyword research creates a difference. It is the only way that bridges between you and your customer.
You need to keep these steps in your mind while doing this portion of the SEO checklist:
- The content should be clear and with momentum.
- You must be informed about your competitors.
- Developing a list of keywords that convert is a must!
- Competitive Keyword Analysis
- Question keywords must also be included in the keyword list.
- Target intent must be there!
- Prioritization of keywords by observing their volume and difficulty
- Building and integration of keywords groups
- Repeat keyword research
SEO Content Checklist
Having great content is the best way to get good ranks on Google. It does not mean that only your blogs can help you. All pages of your website must have quality content with the adjustment of keywords with great care. For that, you need to keep an eye on the following tasks:
- The content creation must be according to your keywords.
- Update and remove the content that has been expired or outdated.
- Improve formatting of your website to make the content readable.
- Enrichment of content with data, images, videos, and infographics
- The content must be up-to-date.
- Having evergreen content is a plus.
On-Page SEO Checklist
The SEO experts include everything in On-Page optimization, which is necessary to organize the website and interlink all the content. We are mentioning all these steps here for your help:
- Optimization of all page title tags
- Fixation of all meta descriptions
- Checking H1 tags and rechecking
- Optimization of images
- Improvement of internal linking
- Keyword Cannibalization
- Creation of SEO-friendly URLs
Off-Page SEO Checklist
To take off your website and improve your rankings on Google, you also need to follow all Off-Page SEO techniques that are relevant to you. An SEO firm ensures that it has adopted all the necessary steps to implement off-page SEO properly. The steps can be in this regard:
- Link intersect analysis
- Making an account in Google Business and optimizing it accordingly
- Addressing the issues of broken backlinks and unlinked mentions
Technical SEO Checklist
While talking about technical SEO, we need to consider the following steps and make them a part of the SEO checklist:
- Managing HTTPS properly
- Core Web Vitals checking and maintenance
- Make your website mobile-friendly.
- Fixation of Crawl Errors
- Canonical tags checking
- Inclusion of Structured Data
- Management of duplicate website versions
- Inspection of web URLs with the help of Google Search Console
- Identification and fixation of broken links
- Page Depth Analysis
- Fixation of orphaned pages
Preparing the above-described SEO checklist and defining all the steps in it help you achieve your target of giving your website good rankings on Google, develop your brand reputation, generate revenues, and boost your return on investment (ROI). Therefore, you need to keep an eye on this checklist and follow the steps defined in it carefully.